Selasa, 27 Desember 2011

A Walk To Remember Quotes


Oleh: gitri romansa
Photo: Asep Saeful Rochman
SYNOPSIS
“Love is like wind, you cannot see it but you can always feel it”
In Beaufort, North Carolina, a prank on a student goes terribly wrong and puts the student in the hospital. Landon Carter, a popular student with no defined plans for the future is held responsible and forced to participate in after-school community service activities as a punishment, which include starring as the lead in the school play. Also participating in these activities is Jamie Sullivan, the reverend’s daughter who has great ambitions and nothing in common with Landon. When Landon decides he wants to take his activities seriously, he asks Jamie for help and begins to spend most of his time with her

STORY A Walk To Remember Quotes
The story starts with a prologue from Landon Carter at age 57. The remainder of the story takes place when Landon is a 17-year-old high school senior. Landon lives in the small, religious town of Beaufort, North Carolina. His father is a genial, charismatic congressman.
His father is not around very much, as he lives in Washington, D.C. Landon is more reclusive, which causes some tension in their relationship.
A few days later, Jamie asks Landon to participate in the school's production of The Christmas Angel. While Landon is not very enthusiastic about participating, he agrees to it anyway. Jamie, on the other hand, could not be happier about her new cast mate. Landon knows that if his friends learn about his role in the play, he will be teased relentlessly. One day at rehearsal, Jamie asks if Landon will walk her home, after which it becomes routine. A couple of days later, Eric mock the couple during their walk home and Landon becomes truly embarrassed to be with Jamie. Meanwhile, Landon continues to learn about all the people and organizations Jamie spends her time helping, including an orphanage. Landon and Jamie visit the orphanage one day to discuss a possible showing of The Christmas Angel, but their proposal is quickly rejected by Mr. Jenkin On the drive to the orphanage, Jamie tells Landon that all she wants in the future is to get married in a church full of people and to have her father walk her down the aisle. While Landon thinks this is a strange wish, he accepts it. In truth, he is beginning to enjoy his time with her.
One day, while they are walking home, Landon yells at Jamie and he tells her that he is not friends with her. The next day at the first show of The Christmas Angel, Jamie enters the stage dressed as the angel, making Landon simply utter his line:

"You're beautiful"

After that performance, Landon’s friends mock Jamie with made some picture that Jamie was a virgin. Jamie cried and when she turns over, Landon embraced her and hit Lew who mocks Jamie. Jamie and Landon Both were going to Jamie’s car
He invites her to his house for Christmas dinner. Afterward, Landon asks Hegbert if they can go to Flavin's, a local restaurant, on New Year's Eve. While Hegbert initially refuses, after Landon declares his love for Jamie, Hegbert allows it.
On New Year's Jamie and Landon go to dinner, they share their first dance. A couple of weeks later, Landon told Jamie that he is in love with her.

Jamie   : [after she and Landon keep switching the radio station] Forty-two.
Landon: "Forty-two", what do you-what do you mean "forty- two"?
Jamie   : Forty-two is "Befriend somebody I don't like". It's a to-do list I have.
Landon: What, like getting a new personality?
Jamie   : Spend a year in the Peace Corps, make a medical discovery...
Landon: That's ambitious.
Jamie   : ...Be in two places at once, get a tattoo.
Landon: What's number one?
Jamie   : I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Landon: So, what's your number one?
Jamie   : To marry in the church my mother grew up. It's where my parents were married.
Landon: I might kiss you.
Jamie   : “I might be bad at it.”
Landon: “That's not possible.”
Landon: “I love you”

 One night a couple went to see a star with an orphanage 

Landon: Can you find this star, right here?
Jamie: Sure. So why am I looking for this star?
Landon: Because I had it named for you. See? It's official. It's from the International Star Registry.
Jamie: This is wonderful... I love you.

To his surprise, Jamie replies by insisting that he can't be. In response, Landon demands an explanation, and Jamie reveals that she is dying of leukemia.

Jamie   : I'm sick.
Landon: I'll take you home. You'll be be...
Jamie   : No. Landon! I'm sick. I have Leukemia.
Landon: No. You're 18. You - you're perfect.
Jamie   : No. I found out two years ago and I've stopped responding to treatments.
Landon: So why didn't you tell me?
Jamie   : The doctor said I should go on and live life normally as best I could. I - I didn't want anybody to be weird around me.

Landon: Including me?
Jamie   : Especially you!
[Jamie looks down]
[Landon gets upset]
Jamie   : Ya know, I was getting along with everything fine. I accepted it, and then you happened! I do not need a reason to be angry with God.
[Jamie runs away]

The following Sunday, Hegbert announces to his congregation that his daughter is dying.

Landon: “Jamie has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better.  I'm sorry she never got her miracle.”

Reverend Sullivan: She did. It was you.

Jamie does not return to school the following Monday and that it is eventually learned that she is too ill and will never return to school. Eric and Margaret visit Jamie's house, where they apologize for rude to her. Jamie entered hospital and Landon had been waiting her till she woke. And in the hospital:

Landon: Hey. How are you feeling?
Jamie: I'm ok, how are you?
Landon: Pretty good.
Jamie: I have something for you.
Landon: You do?
Jamie: Uh hmm... Don't worry it's not a bible. It was my mother's. It's got quotes from all her favorite books, and quotes by famous people. Her thought. Come on.

Landon: Okay, let's check it out. Okay..."What is a friend? It's a single soul dwelling in two bodies." -Aristotle.

Jamie: Uh, right here.
Landon: Okay. "Find out who you are, and do it on purpose." That's Dolly Parton.
Jamie: I always thought she was smart.
Landon: "Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.

Jamie refuses to stay at the hospital, because she wants to die at home. In turn, Landon's father helps to provide Jamie the best equipment and doctors so she can spend the rest of her life at home. This gesture helps to mend the gap between father and son. One day, while sitting next to Jamie while she sleeps, Landon comes up with an idea. He runs to the church to find Hegbert and asks him for permission to marry Jamie. While Hegbert is reluctant, his refusal to deny Landon's request is seen by Landon as approval. Landon runs back to Jamie's side.

Landon: Are you scared?
Jamie: To death...
[Landon looks upset]
Jamie: Lighten up.
Landon: It's not funny.
Jamie: I'm scared of not being with you.
Landon: Oh baby, that will never happen... I'll be here.

Landon: Do you love me?
[she nods]
Landon: Will you do something for me, then?
Jamie: [smiles] Anything.
Landon: Will you marry me?
[Jamie smiles and kisses him]

Landon and Jamie are married in a church full of people with Hegbert walking Jamie down the aisle. When they reach the front of the church, Hegbert says:
"I can no more give Jamie away than I can give away my heart. But what I can do is let another share in the joy that she has always given me."
Hegbert has had to experience so much pain in his life, first losing his wife, now knowing his only child will soon be gone, too. The book ends with Landon 40 years later at age 57. He still loves Jamie and wears her ring. He finishes the story by saying:
"I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen."

MORAL VALUES
Tolerance among friends, bad attitude (to humiliate each other), a sinful parent never let their son to suffer and from a simple form isn’t ensuring simple value; it might has a big or a great value.

MESSAGES
Do not estimate everything from a form.
Do not mock every one because it has specialty.
Life in limits is not to limit our life
Life is struggle. Make your dreams come true.


A walk to remember - Love is like the wind. You cannot see it but you can always feel it!
The story of two North Carolina teens, Landon Carter (Shane West) and Jamie Sullivan (Mandy Moore), who are thrown together after Landon gets into trouble and is made to do community service.
We hope you enjoy our selection of quotes from the inspiring movie a walk to remember. 
1. The problem isnt finding out where you are gonna go-its figuring out what you are gonna do once you get there that is! - Jamie (Mandy Moore)
2. Jamie: You know what I figured out today?
Landon: What?
Jamie: Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel.
3. Landon: I might kiss you.
Jamie: I might be bad at it.
Landon: That's not possible.
4. Jamie has faith in me. She makes me want to be different, better. - Landon (Shane West)
5. Landon: I'm sorry she never got her miracle.
Reverend Sullivan: She did. It was you.
6. Jamie: Without suffering there would be no compassion.
Landon: Yeah, well tell that to those who suffer.
7. Landon: Can you find this star, right here?
Jamie: Sure. So why am I looking for this star?
Landon: Because I had it named for you. See? It's official. It's from the International Star Registry.
Jamie: This is wonderful... I love you.
8. Landon: Hey. How are you feeling?
Jamie: I'm ok, how are you?
Landon: Pretty good.
Jamie: I have something for you.
Landon: You do?
Jamie: Uh hmm... Don't worry it's not a bible. It was my mother's. It's got quotes from all her favorite books, and quotes by famous people. Her thoughts. Come on.
Landon: Okay, let's check it out. Okay..."What is a friend? It's a single soul dwelling in two bodies." -Aristotle.
Jamie: Uh uh, right here.
Landon: Okay. "Find out who you are, and do it on purpose." That's Dolly Parton.
Jamie: I always thought she was smart.
Landon: "Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.
9. Landon: Do you love me?
[she nods]
Landon: Will you do something for me, then?
Jamie: [smiles] Anything.
Landon: Will you marry me?
[Jamie smiles and kisses him]
10. Jamie: I'm sick.
Landon: I'll take you home. You'll be be...
Jamie: No. Landon! I'm sick. I have Leukemia.
Landon: No. You're 18. You - you're perfect.
Jamie: No. I found out two years ago and I've stopped responding to treatments.
Landon: So why didn't you tell me?
Jamie: The doctor said I should go on and live life normally as best I could. I - I didn't want anybody to be weird around me.
Landon: Including me?
Jamie: Especially you!
[Jamie looks down]
[Landon gets upset]
Jamie: Ya know, I was getting along with everything fine. I accepted it, and then you happened! I do not need a reason to be angry with God.
[Jamie runs away]
Free Inspiring Quotes By E-mail
Join thousands of people and recieve one inspiring quotation delivered by e-mail daily!
Here are some users comments:-
"THESE quotes are seriously amazing! thank you so much for brightening my day everyday with these quotes. They keep me going when i am down, and add on to when i am happy.... thanks!!!!"
Jean Arious
"just wanted to say thank you for the wonderful quotes each and every day...Some days, it's the nicest thing I hear all day....Muah..."
Rhonda
You can STOP the inspirational quotation e-mails any time you like... ENJOYTop of Form

Bottom of Form
11. Jamie: [after she and Landon keep switching the radio station] Forty-two.
Landon: "Forty-two", what do you-what do you mean "forty- two"?
Jamie: Forty-two is "Befriend somebody I don't like". It's a to-do list I have.
Landon: What, like getting a new personality?
Jamie: Spend a year in the Peace Corps, make a medical discovery...
Landon: That's ambitious.
Jamie: ...Be in two places at once, get a tattoo.
Landon: What's number one?
Jamie: I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.
Landon: So, what's your number one?
Jamie: To marry in the church my mother grew up. It's where my parents were married.
12. Jamie: You have to promise you won't fall in love with me.
Landon: That's not a problem.
13. Jamie: Are you trying to seduce me?
Landon: Why? Are you seducible?
14. Jamie: Please don't pretend like you know me, ok?
Landon: But I do, I do. We've had all the same classes in the same school since kindergarten. Why you're Jamie Sullivan. You sit at lunch table 7. Which isn't exactly the reject table, but is definitely in self exile territory. You have exactly one sweater. You like to look at your feet when you walk. Oh, oh, and yeah, for fun, you like to tutor on weekends and hang out with the cool kids from "Stars and Planets." Now how does that sound?
Jamie: Fairly predictable, nothing I haven't heard before.
Landon: You don't care what people think about you?
Jamie: No.
15. Landon: Are you scared?
Jamie: To death...
[Landon looks upset]
Jamie: Lighten up.
Landon: It's not funny.
Jamie: I'm scared of not being with you.
Landon: Oh baby, that will never happen... I'll be here.

16. Jamie: People can see.
Landon: And that would ruin your reputation how?
17. Jamie: You don't know the first thing about being someone's friend.
Landon: I don't want to just be your friend.
Jamie: You don't know what you want.
Landon: Neither do you. Maybe you're just too scared that someone might actually want to be with you.
Jamie: And why would that scare me?
Landon: Because then you wouldn't be able to hide behind your books, or your frickin' telescope, or your faith. No, no, you know the real reason why you're scared? It's cause you wanna be with me too.
18. A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs - jolted by every pebble in the road. - Henry Ward Beecher (From the movie A Walk To Remember)
19. Death is the surest calculation that can be made. - Ludwig Büchner (From the movie A Walk To Remember)
20. [last lines]
Landon: [voiceover] Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it.



1 komentar:

  1. itu ceritanya harus di mantapkan lagi thu,, terus bahasanya juga harus bener grammernya...ok bang sukses slali.

    BalasHapus